||How can Punjab National Bank serve repeated notices of debt recovery to a widow who never borrowed a single coin from the bank? As quoted by the staffs of Bank as Her husband availed a loan of Rs. 9 lacs in 2012 and now Account is NPA. Complainant has been requested to visit the branch for OTS.Registration Number DEABD/E/2017/33555 Name Of ComplainantEkta Singh Most revered Sir –Your applicant invites the kind attention of Hon’ble Sir with due respect to following submissions as follows. 1-It is submitted before the Hon’ble Sir that where is gone aforementioned huge amount which was provided by the bank to my late husband Mr Shyam Narayan Singh. Why is the bank not providing the sought information which is essential for fair dealings? If bank really provided the loan as claimed, then why not provide the sought information which the aggrieved is seeking? Whether the request is made through repeated notices. 1. What is OTS? Simply put, OTS is an agreement wherein defaulting borrower agrees to pay part of the dues in order stop banks from taking legal action against them. Whether aggrieved widow i.e. the applicant is the borrower and in debtor of the bank who never borrowed a single coin from the bank and never seen aforementioned huge amount throughout her life. Here this question arises that how a widow who doesn’t know anything about the pseudo claim of Bank can be subjected to humiliation by the bank staffs ipso facto obvious. 2-It is submitted before the Hon’ble Sir that 2. How is OTS implemented? As per RBI guidelines, a bank can enter into an OTS deal with a borrower provided the borrower agrees to 100% of the outstanding balance in the account available on the date on which the account was declared as NPA. Once OTS is done, the settlement should be done in one shot. In case the borrower cannot settle the account, he will be allowed to pay an instalment of 25% in the first go and the rest 75% should be recovered in instalments over one year along . As per the current norm, if a loan is overdue during the last 90 days, it will be categorized as a Non-Performing Asset (NPA). A loan whose interest and/or instalment of principal have remained ‘overdue due’ for a period of 90 days is thus considered as NPA. Overdue is a situation where the loan is not paid by the due date fixed by the bank. When the applicant and her family itself on the verge of hunger, how can she agree to one-time settlement as being claimed by the staffs of the bank as the usual concocted story is made by them? Whether such humiliation can be allowed with a widow in this largest democracy in the world. 3-It is submitted before the Hon’ble Sir that according to staffs of Bank, Her husband availed a loan of Rs. 9 lacs in 2012 and now Account is NPA. Complainant has been requested to visit the branch for OTS.It is quite explicit that Loan was provided by 2012 if overdue for a period of 90 days then it is considered nonperforming assets. Why was notice not served to late Shyam Narayan Singh during this long interval? How can a widow be subjected to mysterious and cryptic dealings of which she never remained part?